I provide integrative, evidence-based psychotherapy, clinical hypnotherapy and consultation for individuals, couples, families, groups and larger systems working with families. At this stage of my career I work primarily with anxiety disorders and trauma, relationship and communication issues and the full spectrum of services related to co-parenting during and after separation and divorce. My style is personal, compassionate, mindful, direct and collaborative. I use an developmental, interactive, educational, and problem-solving approach to therapy. I teach skills & positive psychological practices to help clients move beyond negative states of mind to actively cultivate positive, alternative states of mind - to improve self advocacy, resolve problems, function more effectively and live meaningful, vitally engaged lives.
Treatment specializations include:
- Generalized Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Separation Anxiety, Panic, Phobias and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- SPACE: Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (Yale) & School Consultations
- Trauma, Grief & Loss, Trauma-Sensitive Parenting and School Strategies
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Schema Therapy, Exposure & Response Prevention
- Skills Training: Emotional Regulation, Psychological Flexibility, Relaxation, Self Reflection, Self Compassion, Relationship Effectiveness, Problem-Solving & Goal Setting, Mindfulness, Meditation, Guided Meditation & Visual Imagery, Emotion Coaching (Parents, Teachers, Support Staff), Parenting Skills, Conflict Resolution & Effective Communication, Values Guided Action Steps
- Couples & Marriage Therapy: Emotion-Focused Therapy, Emotion-Focused Family Therapy
- Adjustment to Separation & Divorce: Parent Coaching, Co-parenting Therapy, Managing Co-parenting Conflict, Court-Involved Individual/Co-parenting/Family Therapy
- Mediation: Divorce, Co-parenting, Elder Care, & Family
- Life Transitions: Parenting, Aging, Retirement, Empty Nest
- Effective Communication to Build Supportive Relationships, Improve Work Relationships and Enhance Parenting Abilities
- Multicultural best practices to empower clients who have experienced challenges related to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual and gender identity, age, socioeconomic and/or immigration status.