I provide integrative, evidence-based psychotherapy, clinical hypnotherapy and consultation for individuals, couples, families, groups and larger systems working with families. At this stage of my career I work primarily with anxiety disorders and trauma, relationship and communication issues and the full spectrum of services related to coparenting during and after separation and divorce. My style is personal, compassionate, mindful, direct and collaborative. I use an developmental, interactive, educational, and problem-solving approach to therapy. I teach skills & positive psychological practices to help clients move beyond negative states of mind to actively cultivate positive, alternative states of mind - to improve self advocacy, resolve problems, function more effectively and live meaningful, vitally engaged lives.
Treatment specializations include:
- Generalized Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Separation Anxiety, Panic, Phobias and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- SPACE: Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (Yale) & School Consultations
- Trauma, Grief & Loss, Trauma-Sensitive Parenting and School Strategies
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Schema Therapy, Exposure & Response Prevention
- Skills Training: Emotional Regulation, Psychological Flexibility, Relaxation, Self Reflection, Self Compassion, Relationship Effectiveness, Problem-Solving & Goal Setting, Mindfulness, Meditation, Guided Meditation & Visual Imagery, Emotion Coaching (Parents, Teachers, Support Staff), Parenting Skills, Conflict Resolution & Effective Communication, Values Guided Action Steps
- Couples & Marriage Therapy: Emotion-Focused Therapy, Emotion-Focused Family Therapy
- Adjustment to Separation & Divorce: Parent Coaching, Coparenting Therapy, Managing Coparenting Conflict, Court-Involved Individual/Coparenting/Family Therapy
- Mediation: Divorce, Coparenting, Elder Care, & Family
- Life Transitions: Parenting, Aging, Retirement, Empty Nest
- Effective Communication to Build Supportive Relationships, Improve Work Relationships and Enhance Parenting Abilities
- Multicultural best practices to empower clients who have experienced challenges related to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual and gender identity, age, socioeconomic and/or immigration status.