Payment, Insurance & Coverage Questions
I accept private pay for clients who wish to maintain privacy or do not have insurance coverage. I also accept the insurance plans listed below.
- Private Pay - Cash & Check
- AllWays Health Partners
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Optum/United Behavioral Health
- Out of Network and Choice benefit products such as Aetna, Tufts Healthcare
Whenever possible I will bill electronically on behalf of clients who utilize out of network benefits, to save on paperwork. If necessary, I can provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance or FSA/HSA company. You are responsible for your deductible whether you use in network or out of network benefits. After that, you usually pay a percentage of the fee which is somewhat higher than your copayment (e.g., $30 instead of $15).
I regret that I am NOT able to accept or bill on behalf of the client for:
If you have one of these insurances, you may choose to pay privately or see an in network provider. Your insurance company offers referrals to in network providers when you call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card. Most insurance companies have provider search options on their web site as well.
Psychotherapy services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my copayment, coinsurance and deductible and has it been met?
- Do I have out of network benefits?
- Is there a limit on number of sessions or amount of coper year?
- Do I need an authorization or pre-authorization number?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Does my insurance include teletherapy?
Cash and check are accepted for all insurance related payments. Credit cards are accepted for self pay and retainers.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session because I reserved the appointment for you and could not offer it to others.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please us for further information.